Intern and trainee>Internship in Australia
Kick start your career with an internship! Internships offer hands on training in the Australian workplace and are available in almost all industries!
Completing an internship in Australia will help you further develop your skills and knowledge. Throughout your internship you will have the opportunity to develop industry specific terminology and improve your English language skills. An internship is the best step towards an international career!
Benefits of an internship
• Gain practical experience on an international scale
• Receive training within your chosen profession / area of study
• Expand your network of professional contacts
• Develop an understanding of the international workplace
• Cultivate industry specific terminology
• Improve your English language skills
• Gain a competitive edge in the global job market
• Create memories that will last a lifetime
• Make friends from around the globe
• Develop personal attributes such as maturity, independence, confidence…
Internships are available in the following fields:
o Accounting o Aged Care o Agriculture o Arts o Banking and Finance
o Child Care o Education o Graphic Design o Hospitality and Tourism
o Human Resources o Information Technology o Linguistics
o Media and Journalism o Marine Science o Not for Profit o Political Science
o Public Relations o Sales and Marketing o Sport o Trade o Travel
o … plus many more
Following a comprehensive interview process, you will be allocated to one of AI’s 1,700 Host Organisations (HO) throughout Australia. Selections are made in all cases based on best available fit between the HO and your skill set or academic background. Among the HO list we offer opportunities with:
- Accenture - Accor Hotel Group - Adcorp - BMW - Boral - Bulgari - Chubb Insurance
- Hilton Hotel - IKEA - Intercontinental Hotel Group - International SOS - Jaguar
- Johnson and Johnson - Oxfam Australia - Qantas - SC Johnson - Thiess
- Toshiba - Virgin - And many more…
please contact us for more detail.
Eligibility & Requirements
In order to be eligible for the Professional Internship Program you need to meet the following requirements:
• Age of 18 – 30
• Select an internship related to your educational background
• Be currently enrolled in a tertiary course, or
• Be a recent graduate within 24 months of starting your internship or
• Be a recent school leaver – refer to special criteria here
• Have completed the Upper intermediate level of English by the end of your English course at JOYEDU pointed school.
English Language Level
In order to be eligible for the internship program you need to have an IELTS score of 6.0 or have completed the Upper Intermediate level of English at JOYEDU. English Language Company will ensure that you meet the required level for the internship program. You can travel to Australia on either the student, working holiday or visitor visa for your English language course.
- You can complete 4 – 12 weeks English on a visitor visa
- You can complete 12 – 48 weeks English on a student visa
- You can complete 4 – 17 weeks English on a working holiday visa
Once you have reached the appropriate English language level you are ready to start your internship! The Australian Internships team will conduct a free interview with you to assess your English language skills and internship objectives.
Other Program Options
Paid internships can sometimes be arranged under the following programs:
Hospitality Internship Program (HIP): Paid training positions available within the hospitality sector. The Australia Fair Work Act pays a minimum of AUD$16 per hour in Food & Beverage, Front Office & Food Production. Duration is 6 – 12 months. Candidates must be flexible to travel to any Australian location, academic credit available. Apply at least 5 - 6 months in advance.*Specific eligibility requirements including prior work experience (6 months) and studies. Program fees vary depending on duration.
Stipend Internship Program (SIP): Monthly allowance of AUD$600 – AUD$900 (travel & meal). Designed for students & graduates in Business, IT, HR and Marketing. Duration is from 16 – 26 weeks. Positions are available Australia wide, academic credit available. Apply at least 3 – 4 months in advance. *Specific eligibility requirements including prior work experience. Program fees vary depending on duration.
Please contact us